Justin Shoemake is a partner in the Commercial Real Estate and Corporate Practice areas.
His practice includes the representation of individuals, entities, and real estate investment trusts with respect to the purchase, sale, leasing, financing, development and ownership of real property. Justin also has experience in the workout of distressed loans, the acquisition and sale of distressed properties, and corporate, contracts, and commercial law.
Selected Experience Includes Representation of:
- a major Atlanta retailer in connection with the purchase and lease of store sites in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Mexico;
- a retail developer in connection with the redevelopment of an existing shopping center into one of the first LEED-certified retail projects in the United States;
- a hotel owner/operator in connection with portfolio acquisitions and dispositions of multiple hotel properties;
- an office developer in connection with the acquisition, financing, development and leasing of medical office building projects;
- a developer in connection with the acquisition and financing of a tract for development as a mixed-use office, hotel and retail park, with the simultaneous sale of lots to third parties;
- a shopping center REIT and other shopping center owners in connection with the negotiation of leases with numerous anchor, mini-anchor and shop tenants;
- a major national insurance company in connection with loans to a timber company secured by thousands of acres in Georgia and Alabama;
- a private-equity firm in the acquisition and sale/leaseback of franchised restaurants in multiple states; and
- a local school board in numerous transactions involving school sites, including a three-party land swap with a municipal government and radio station operator involving the protection of environmentally-sensitive property and permitting for the location of radio towers.
Justin is admitted to practice in Georgia.
Georgia Bar Association, Member